Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jules on Father's Day

I realise that I have not offered anything for this year's Father's Day. I do know that it is quite inexcusable, but well, on one hand, I have been ultra busy with wedding projects, and secondly, this time around I just couldn't figure out what DOES really make a fab offering for Father's Day?

I love my father, and I love my husband for being the father that he is to my sons. And though I've had my father for 40 years and my sons have had theirs for 4,5, and 9years respectively, I still find myself sometimes hitting a blank wall when it comes to finding the best gifts for a father.

I had in mind a new RC helicopter for my father, but that would take him even so much longer away from my mum, as he would then need more time to practise with his new toy. I thot about a new t-shirt for my boys' father, but his chest of drawers are overflowing with a myriad of "favourite" t's as it is. So, how? And what then do I formulate for the rest of the father population?

Er, would the World Cup do? Hehe...

So, in the absence of material offerings, I'd like to wish all fathers a very Happy Father's Day! I so love to see a father with his child/children, either at the movies, at the games, at the clinic, browsing at the mall, having a meal at the restaurant, or simply, at home lulling his babies to sleep. Like I always tell my boys, no one can love you guys more than Ayah and Mommy. Ayah may not manja and baby you like Mommy would, but Ayah surely loves you just as much, and there is nothing he wouldn't do for you guys. And yes, he is your best pal when it comes to hanging out at the arcade, or game/video stores, or McDonald's! Yes, Ayah always has you in his prayers...

Those who do not have their fathers next to them this Father's Day, you must know that you always have him in your hearts... :)

No comments:


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com