Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Friday, May 2, 2008

It's been hectic

With the boys. With work. With the boys falling sick. With the darling husband's birthday. And the boys still sick. Sigh....



But the worst had been when our friend's 12day infant son passed away from heart complications. Apparently he was born lacking 1 major valve in the heart. And the doctors at the hospital had not detected this earlier on....? Sungai Buluh hospital. Sad..........This is one area where I'm really bad at. I'm not good at dealing with deaths of a child. And, I was very mad at the hospital. No doubt it's all God's will. But there are things we can do. And I'm quite sure things like this can be detected during pregnancy. And, upon birth a full scan would detect it too, so immediate action can be taken to do what needs to be done, instead of waiting a few days till the child shows abnormal signs then only taking action. At least we can then say we had tried and done our best. Sad.....



Thing1 and thing2 have been having tonsilitis these past few days and I've put them on antibiotics. And yesterday I allowed them to spend the afternoon in the pool at my aunt's house. She made some spaghetti and yummy desserts, just simply, to celebrate her 4th grandchild's 11th birthday. It was darling husband's birthday too, so I brought along a cheesecake. No, not from my kitchen. Isetan's cake shop. So, we had chocolate fudge cake for Adam Aliff and blueberry cheesacake for darling husband. Hmm...yumm yumm. And my aunty had made caramel pudding and 'buah melaka'. Yumm, yumm, yumm...Then the kids and the dads splashed in the pool; my 20month old thing2 was actually jumping into the water! Not scared! Hmm... and now they're down...



This weekend I have to amend my proposal to my client and show them again monday or tuesday for their final ok. Some have said that the country will be hit by a financial tsunami this june, july. I know the construction sector hasn't been too vibrant. The industry directory I'm currently working on hasn't been able to lock in to as many advertisers and listers as it had last year. The team still has to be paid for their work. Tough. Lucky I'm on the employee end as I'm on a retainer. But still, tough, don't know if I'll be able to secure any other jobs in the near future. Tough, coz I haven't bought a new handbag for the last 2 months. Hmm.........



And I saw this absolutely gorgeous handbag in gold, something like a bowling bag, in pure, shimmery gold, from Secret Pon Pon. An Italian job. Yumm yumm... But without any other retainers I couldn't afford it. Sob sob... Well, maybe another time, and another bag...

No comments:


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com