Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Friday, April 25, 2008

There are too many things...

...in my house now. I had borrowed my parents' barbecue set for Damascus's birthday party recently, and now I'm stuck with it, coz my parents say that I'd have more use for it than they do. Yeah, but their kitchen is about 3 times the size of mine, so the pit had had a cozy little spot there. My kitchen is nice, well, I think it's nice, I love it, but it's just not as spacious as my mom's. So... I could just leave the pit in my front porch, and cover it up a bit with an attractive all weather covering... Hmm... will try that.


Then there are also the inflatable pool and the hundreds pieces of balls, which also had had a comfortable spot in my parents' store room below their staircase. My store room under the staircase needs some serious clearing if they were to fit in there. Hmm... will work on that too. For now, I'll just dump the pool and the balls atop my boys' loft bed which is now empty coz all 3 of them rumble on the mattress below. My Cat in the hat had no problem sleeping on the 5+feet high loft. But with Thing1 and Thing2 now in the picture, there's the risk of them racing up the loft ladder and, well, just simply jumping or flying down, coz "weeeeheeeeee!!! this is fuuuuunnnnnn!!!!!!".............So, that's why I removed the ladder and placed the mattress on the floor beneath the loft. They've been okay there so far, all 3 of them, they enjoy each other's proximity at night, helps them sleep... but I think they will soon outgrow it. Coz every night when I pass Thing2 his bottle, the 3 goons look like they've just tumbled out of a hurricane or the washing machine, and most often Thing1 would have his legs well on top of the Cat's head. So, soon I will have to do something about that too...


Geez... there's suddenly all these things to figure out...


At the moment I'll clear up the things from the birthday party first, mainly it's just the deco stuff. Ah, and there's the matter of all those presents... AAAAA!!!! New toys! These will add up to the existing 6 baskets full of toys in the upstairs living which has now become the boys' den. I guess it'll be another round of clearing and giving away. I normally give away to the red crescent shop or to a children's home. We'll see how things go at the end of the cleanup...


Guess we all know what I'll be doing this weekend...

No comments:


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com