Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

JulesFudgyliciousness On A Hiatus

Salam everyone! Hellooooo!

Well, I've been back home for almost a week now, but since the myringotomy, my life hasn't gone back to its normal routine yet. As much as my will and spirit feel able, my flesh proves that I am indeed in need of a break. Most importantly, I must make sure that my right eardrum heals itself properly, so that everything else will start functioning properly too.

Generally, I would brave through a bad gastric, a bad flu or a bad PMS, but in this case, I can't risk not regaining my full hearing and balance. So, as much as it irks me, I have to take it easy, and I'm limiting my movements to just chauffering the kids and the occasional massage and grocery trips.

Yes, I've been amplifying the reflexology and body massages, just to help my system stay alert. Taking it easy needs some getting used to too; I don't suddenly jump up and run in and out of the house anymore now, instead I take my time standing or getting up, get a hold of something, adjust my bearing and secure my footing, then I start moving. It's quite funny actually, coz I used to remind my mum to do this all the time, else she may risk tumbling all over! Heeeee...and now it's happening to me!

But the doctors did say it'll take 1-3+ months for everything to get back to normal for me, so I'm keeping that in mind and taking it all in stride. Alhamdulillah, the good thing now is I'm no longer in pain. My ear still buzzes, my speech still sounds like that of Sly Stallone's, and I still blink like I'm giving a flirtatious wink, hehe, but I'm positive that things will get better, insyaAllah. Another thing I'm definitely grateful for, Alhamdulillah, is that my overall state of health was good, apart from the otitis media itself, ie. bloodworks and vital stats were good. Hence the myringotomy was able to be performed on me expeditiously.

Hmmm, maybe all this is a precursor to turning 42... :)

Nevertheless, until that time and in my effort to take it easy, I'll sadly have to take a month or two hiatus from JulesFudgyliciousness. I'll truly miss the beautiful smell of butter, chocolate and vanilla baking in the oven, the joy of inhaling the wonderful aroma when the beauties are cooling on the racks, and I'll most definitely miss meeting everyone on my delivery trips. But my brownies and fudge do require a lot of up and down movements and spinning around especially when I'm on a baking deadline, so my body (not my spirit) really needs to take a break from all of that for a while.

As for JulesDelightfulness, JulesAddiction, JulesPreciousness and JulesMD, I will slowly but surely carry on with the projects at hand, pacing myself as I go along. I do realise that there are emails that I have missed; I do truly apologise for this and for any inconvenience caused, I will try to go through them and make up for whichever that I can ya?

My target now is to restart everything by March or April, and maybe introduce something exciting in time to celebrate Mother's Day in May. The plan was to introduce a few things at the start of 2012 and alongside my birthday in February, but since things have taken a spin, I'll be happy if I can meet my March/April target, insyaAllah. I wish I could say that I'll play it by ear, but nope, can't do that now! :)

In the meantime, here are some lovelies which I managed to do before I became Two Faced Mommy!

A Purple Fondant hantaran brownie for the daughter of one of the sweetest ladies I know :)




A birthday brownie filled with lots of love, for a special father...

"Love-filled" brownie bites for a special anniversary...

"Smiley Faces" brownie bites for a young man's 21st birthday bash!



JulesPreciousness' latest project ~ Children's Dresses ~ one of a kind, and lovingly hand tailored with the finest cotton, lace and pretty embroidery...



...makes a simply beautiful gift...

...for birthdays and special occasions...


Baby Cradle for "Cukur Jambul"... the cradle is from Daybab's Shoppe, while the ribbons are Jules' Signature :)... something simple yet sweet for a baby boy...

A little JulesDelightfulness gift box to bring in the New 2012 Year...

Brownie Favour for Baby Dean's Aqiqah...


Thank you again for all the prayers and wellwishes, some really make me want to cry, I am truly very touched. May God bless you and your loved ones too...

It may be a while to my next post, so I wish you all the best for this 2012, may you have much love, good health, good wealth and an abundance of joy.

[You can also find JulesMD on Facebook now, very much appreciate if you would visit and add to the Like, thank you :)]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome blog. nice information.Otitis media is an infection of middle ear. Middle Ear is the area within the temporal bone. In simple words Middle Ear is the space comes after Ear Drum and before Inner ear when going deep inside the ear.

For more information related to this please visit: otitis media animated video and Focusaapsstore.com
http://www.focusappsstore.com/understanding-diseases/infectious-diseases-and-oncology/otitis-media and
http://www.focusappsstore.com


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com