Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Thursday, July 28, 2011

When Things Don't Go According To Plan...

...I cannot ask for more hours in a day, or more limbs on my body, so I just do my best and keep the faith, InsyaAllah :)

I've been meaning to follow up on my Raya 2011 Offerings with photos and details, but so many things have come up in between and it's just not been possible. The kids have been having fever one after another, a close relative fell gravely ill in Penang, the cars broke down and most shockingly, my 2 younger goons got head lice! AAAAAAAAAAA!!! So, for the past week, mommy has been treating them with anti lice shampoo and keeping them away from the general circulation, and Alhamdulillah, they're now lice free! Phewh! Having to cut their hair "primary school length short" was actually the most heart wrenching for me.

Anyway, there is a Raya 2011 project by Jules, apart from Fudgyliciousness and all that's on Jules' list. My Kerepek La friends and I are continually working together to create new and exciting things. This year we have created "Hadiyaa", our new co-branding effort, which offers festive hampers and gifts. For this Raya, we are producing a gift box that contains a variety of sweet and savoury delights; the box is still running in the production line, but here's a quick look at the logo and motif...

Hadiyaa Logo


The box - The basis of the motif is the "Persian Rug", and I had chosen one that is typical of Esfahan, where the highlight is the traditional Persian flower. I will eventually introduce it as the "Esfahan Box" under my Jules listing :)




On the everyday Jules front, here are several projects... :)

This was for Faisal, the sweet young man who requested for that perfect "Black & White & Pink" brownie for his engagement last year... and for his wedding he wanted a Damask motif in "Brown & Blue"...

...wishing you two lovebirds all the best in your wedded bliss :)



This very special 3 tier birthday brownie+cake was for the one and only Princess Muna Mariel...

...The base is the basic butter cake, where I used my mom's "sacred" recipe, sacred because it's my boys' most favourite butter cake; the middle is the devilicious Red Velvet cake that my friend Puteri made, she intentionally didn't make it too deep red because she wanted to minimise the red colouring; and the top is JulesFudgyliciousness brownie...
The theme was "Polka Dot + Pastel + Flowers" for this feisty little girl, so I hope Aunty Jules got it right for you ya... :)


And last but least, the recent "Ride with PRIDE" project... I prepared everything "Pink" in my Jules offerings, just to get into the "pink" spirit...

Nope, no pink Ferraris, just superhot, supercool, superfab SuperCars!... Oh, be still my heart... The best part of this event was, I got to meet my darling old friend Azrene. There was also Azrene's baby sister, Pial, whom I remember as that chubby little girl who spread body lotion all over herself and finished a whole bottle! And she's like a foot taller and 10 sizes slimmer than me, not to mention she's also a fab mum now... :)


I would like to express my deepest and most sincere gratitude to everyone for your undying support towards everything Jules, especially Hafiz and the Tangerine Team for meeting all those rush deadlines. We always have our "when things don't go according to plan" days, but I believe that we've all persevered, and I wish everyone the best of health, the best of success and the best of happiness, always... :)

No comments:


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com