Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Friday, March 27, 2009

Cepat...Cepat!

Today, I'm literally going "cepat! cepat!"...and I'm so glad I have Jac Victor in the background to keep me moving!

Haaaa...yesterday was a really challenging day...physically! After almost 10 years out of the adventure, outdoor scene, yesterday, though ardously challenging to my muslces and limbs, proved that, hey, I've still got it!...Hee hee... not bad for an old gal who's hitting the big 4...0 soon!

It started with fun learning time at Domino's Pizza where the Krista Nirwana kindy kids, which included my darling Thing 1 and Thing 2, had a thrilling time learning the art of making pizza. After enjoying some Aloha Chicken, we headed to FRIM (Forest Research Institute, Malaysia) for the outdoor part of this educational field trip.

Haaaa...nature...lovely, wondrous nature...it's been so long since I was surrounded by the "jungle". The museum and the fish pond were cool. Then off we finally went into the man made jungle, where the guide gave us very interesting insight into the the trees and vines of Malaysia. This was at the foot of the hill, and Marrakesh was still walking on his own. Then the moment the guide indicated that we were to move forward uphill for the rest of the tour, Thing 2 had insisted he be carried by dear old mommy. So, off went mommy with a 10kg backpack (filled with bananas, a 1lit water bottle, change of clothes and snacks) on her back, and the 18kg Thing 2 in her arms...uphill...over roots and tree trunks and slippery mud...with about 50 other friskies and some 10 adults (other parents and teachers) either in front or at the back. And it was understood that the accompanying parents would assist the teachers in minding the kids, not just their own; Thing 1 was holding my right hand, which alternated with taking pictures too. So, it was mommy with her 2 darling goons, halting every now and then to see if the rest of the group was okay. We continued... uphill... with occasional stops for information by the guide. It was a good 45 minutes going up.... OMG...!!! By the time we reached the last stop (the trail actually goes further on, but for this Krista Nirawana group, it just had to be the last!) at the top, sweat from my face was flowing like a mountain spring, my left hand (in which I carried Marrakesh) was almost numb, and my knees? Well, they're practically gone now! But this mommy had no choice, but to just hang on until we were back down and inside the tour bus, else, what?...let the jungle take my kids?! Nooooo! So, as we turned back downhill, I was forced to transfer Damascus's grip to his class teacher, who by now was holding on to 3 Playhouse children. But the kids were amazing..... With the exception of my dear Marrakesh, who had nicely fallen asleep as we descended, and 2 other Playhouse young ones, the rest just walked happily on, some holding on to their parents' or teachers' hands, most just completely on their own. It was really mind over matter for me at this juncture. I couldn't give up coz my children needed me to carry on moving. Finally, we got back to the bus, and into the comfort of AC and plush seats. Well, it didn't stop with me just sitting back and immediately dozing off. No, I couldn't doze off. With Marrakesh still asleep in my arms, his weight feeling even more now coz he was fast asleep, and with one hand free to work, I took out from inside the backpack the bananas, the packet drinks and the snacks, which Damascus gobbled up in no time. I had 1 banana and almost emptied the 1lit bottle. Phewh!... There was no chance to snooze coz by this time we were already approaching the school, our initial rendesvous point. It was another task getting off the bus as it was raining. But, realising that there was no way that I could manage an umbrella, I just popped the boys' caps back on, then scurried to the car. And rushed home...to send the day's Fudgy delivery and to bake the batch for the next day's delivery.

But my darling goons were happy. So, does anything else count?.... :) And, hats off to the principal and teachers of Krista Nirwana, who did a fab job in organising the trip! No doubt, some things could have been planned better, but, hey, can you take care of 50 kids in the jungle????!!!!

So, this morning, after a good dose of very brute caffeine, I managed to finish baking the rest of today's Fudgy batch, and while they all wait nicely on the racks to be cooled, I have some minutes to share bits and pieces of my life with you...

The kids' field trip yesterday was really cool...it brought back fond memories of my younger days exploring our National Park in Pahang and hiking up Mount Kinabalu. I would and could still do all these you know... after at least 6 months of rigorous training, and definitely a porter service throughout the hikes, not to mention proper bathrooms!!! But the sights that nature holds...aaaahhh...simply magnificent...they'll never fail to amaze me....




1 comment:

wiz said...

Jules, whenever you feel like going hiking or mountainclimbing again, give me a hoot k. I weigh a little bit more than than Marakesh and I think you need the weight training for that toned body before the big 40 celebration in Bali, he he he.

Dont bring pisang k, bring your fudgies instead, for me to munch while you do your weight training. I will be very supportive, I won't sleep on you.


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com