Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jules becomes 4 years older today...

...as Damascus celebrates his 4th birthday...Alhamdulillah...





Wiz the wiz made the fab Ultraman cake; she wasn't too thrilled with her freehand this time though, saying her Ultraman face looks distorted, disfigured. Well, I think it's fab, coz not only can I not produce the same myself, I feel like it's Ultraman himself looking right at me! In my understanding of art, art is perfect when it lets you feel or sense that feeling you seek, and in this case, Damascus and I wanted it to be Ultraman, and that's what we got. But most importantly, the birthday boy himself loves that Ultraman face, and he specifically instructed that that part remains untouched, while the rest of the cuppies were fair game to be gobbled up by his kindy friends at his little party in school this morning.

Each child enriches me differently, each with their own unique ways. Last November when Esfahan turned 7, I became 7 years wiser. Today, as Damascus turns 4, I am yet enriched by 4 years. Esfahan at 4 wasn't like how Damascus is today, so, it is always a different experience. In August, insyaAllah, I shall experience becoming 3 years older, again, in yet another unique way, through my youngest son, Marrakesh. I can't wait... :)

...my 3 most precious treasures...

3 comments:

Rosniah said...

I also get to raise 1 Ultraman at home too. Aka known as Ben10, Transformers, etc.He's about Damascus age too, but only in December.

Jules said...

hi rosniah, it's very nice to hear from you. hee hee... you're right, my superheroes also morph into ben10, transformers, b-daman, naruto...that's when my house looks like a tornado had hit it!

Anonymous said...

Julie the julesness, serious I am still not too thrilled with the disfigured Ultraman, but as long as your cuteness recognized the face and to him it was Dyna, not Ultraman Nexus, Gaya, Tiga or brothers, it's good enough for me. Happy 4th Birthday Damascus!


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com