Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Saturday, May 23, 2009

Jules in Purple Overture...

...for the love of all things purple...

...joy be to all those who love purple! Dear Adrian and Liza Ann, I hope this gift brings lots of happy things to your dearest Aunty Gwen... :)

And, though I had missed to photograph the gifts (plus the fudgies) I had made for Lisa, for her friends and new twin cousin-nieces, I hope those creations filled their purposes...to bring joy to all who receive them, insyaAllah...

Here is a special Baby Gift for a special Baby Girl, that I made for Giftmagique for Microsoft Services...

The answer to my anxiety a few days back was answered when Sinar FM was named Malaysia's #2 Radio Station. Congrats to darling husband and his fab team for a fantastic job! Then, I received another fab news : that my Lulu Guinness limited edition shopping bag had arrived!...in UK, that is. Thanks Linda, and Hanip, and Raouf and Jazmine and Adam! I shall patiently wait for this new precious Lulu to reach me via the Tangerine Rezal family, when they return from their trip.

This limited edition Lulu Guinness is a special project by my favourite handbag designer, to contribute to The Royal Marsden, which is the world's first Cancer Hospital. And I've actually wanted to share this delightful shopping bag with family, friends and patrons of Jules, for their undying support...but sadly, apart from Wiz the Wiz, no one had dropped any comment on whether Jules should do a 2000th Hit Surprise...huuhuuhuu... Well, I'm not giving up in this just yet, I still want to share my heart's joy with all of you; so, perhaps I will pick another date/event in the future, to find a reason to give away this lovely bag to one lucky Jules viewer!... :)

My friend Fid, of My Life Journey, asked me, "What's so special about Lulu Guinness that you're just so crazy about her?" Well, let me share with you these extracts from her book, Put On Your Pearls, Girls!, and maybe you'll be able to understand the fascination I have for her...

"This book, dear reader, is like all of Lulu's creations: a delicious confection, a little life-enhancer. Lulu in turn observes one of my own little aspirational aims in life, which is to remember to live with imagination; to bring fantasy to the quotidian; to splash what can be the gray and drab days with a little pink,"...Helena Bonham Carter (in her foreword), London, 2005.

"Lulu (in the book) is a fictional character, based on myself, except that she is timeless, ageless, and has long legs I can only dream of possessing. Through her I am trying to encourage you to live life with wit and wisdom, and to find the confidence to create an individual style for yourself on the outside and, perhaps most important of all, to have a good heart on the inside. Put On Your Pearls, Girls! is meant to inspire you to be proud of your femininity and to laugh at yourself and with others."...Lulu Guinness, London, 2005.

And, her dustbag is purple, her box packaging is purple and white stripes...so, go figure! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jules! So, I guess I am not getting the bag? YOu need another person other than wiz d wiz to comment ker, benc tau. Ok wait, I will create another account and sign in as someone else and write you another comment, then, would you give me?

Ala tak per la Jules, if you were to give me pun, I would pack it, balut cantik2 and give you the present. All as a gesture for being nice to me. You desrve the bag more than any hits on your computer. Muahs!

....so am not getting the bag la?

Jules said...

wiz da wiz...if you nak bag tu, all you hv to do is ask linda je... takyah buat karangan kat jules...! hee hee...

Anonymous said...

Ok ler tak buat dah karangan lepas ni. (sambil mengambil spatula dan pergi ke dapur untuk memasak cake.)

Jules said...

hee hee... saya tau la awak tengah tersangat malas now... so takyah lah berpura-pura merajuk, and nak pegi dapur nak buat kek...!


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com