Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy International Women's Day 2011

Here's wishing all FAB WOMEN out there a Happy International Women's Day! May we all continue to enrich and empower ourselves as we grow strongly alongside global progress, may we continue to contribute positively towards our family and friends as well as the needs of our community and society, and may we remain relevant among our piers and the ever exciting opposite sex! InsyaAllah... :)

Oh yes, I SO love being a woman :)

So, here I am again, catching a breather, before I start getting busy busy again...

The past few weeks have been hectic, especially with my sore throat that has been around for about a month! I'm not sick, I don't have fever, no one else at home is sick or coughing or has had fever. And it's not just a sore throat, I've been going around sounding like a rusty old record for weeks now and overdosing on lozenges! Hehe, but apart from this, things have been quite exciting.

After my short trip to Bali with darling husband, I got started on several projects right away. Brownies, gifts, wedding hantarans and the Soroptimist Ampang charity bazaar. Amidst all these excitement, there were of course the everyday realities, some of which were very trying, ie. JulesMD dotmy URL was suspended because some rookie who lacks professional communications skill and who chews food while talking on the phone failed to email me the relevant invoice hence resulting in me going back to www.julesmd.blogspot.com (believe me when I say that printing new stickers is more worthwhile than trying to sort this matter out), streamyx went AWOL on me, and so many other stuff...but like most of us often do, all these were dealt with in cool stride... :)



Jules at the Soroptimist International Ampang Chapter Charity Bazaar, 5 & 6 March 2011 ~ funds raised from this bazaar will be channeled to, amongst others, the cancer ward of HKL and homes for the less privileged



The debut of JulesFudgyliciousness Dark Chocolate Fudge & Chewies (Cinnamon & Coffee flavours) ~ both were great hits! Alhamdulillah...





Hantaran boxes, in a maroon theme, for a stylishly hip and edgy Bride, from her equally hip and funky Groom... :)


The traditional sireh as the lead hantaran...

The frame that held the duit hantaran cheque...

The holy Quran...

The sejadah...

The embroidered telekung...

The must have item :)...

The fashionably edgy baby T, that highlights the "love story"...

The watch...

The cool shades...

The fab gladiator shoes...

The cookie box...

And right after the khenduri on the girl's side, mak, the groom's mother, called me simply to tell me that the bride and everyone in her family absolutely LOVED all the hantarans! Weeeeeeeeeeeee...I was on cloud nine! Alhamdulillah... :)



A special "Flying Magic Carpet" for the super fab Nora and her fellow super fab G15 Women, for their Arabian Nights Party :)

No comments:


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com