Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jules mourns the loss of a spectacular human being...

...The first time I heard that Yasmin Ahmad had passed away, I was shocked and in disbelief. Fortunately then, that news was proven wrong, as it was confirmed that Yasmin Ahmad had been hospitalised after she collapsed at a meeting/presentation. I was relieved, alhamdulillah, yet anxious. I truly admire Yasmin Ahmad, for her ingenuity, boldness, audecity; she was to me, one solid human being.

But late last night, when I saw an update in facebook that Yasmin Ahmad had passed away after several days in coma, after her collapse, and when that news was confirmed and reconfirmed...my heart broke...and my tears fell...I was once again shocked and in disbelief. I felt that same feeling I felt at the end of 'Sepet'...that hollow feeling in my gut where I felt, at that time, utter emptiness, and when I hoped and wished that it wasn't true, it wasn't true...But, sadly, it was true...I had lost yet another great idol...

My friend Fid, has written a beautiful poem for the late Yasmin Ahmad; please drop in at My Life Journey for her touching words...

While I mourn this great loss, I also celebrate the memory of Yasmin Ahmad, because like in any case when I lose someone, I always remind myself that I have to feel this and then let it pass, hurtful as it may be...because the living must move on. Yasmin Ahmad has left us with many wonderful things; her unforgettable merdeka ads for Petronas, her provocative movies, her extraordinary writings, her benevolent efforts... in all of these, her spirit shall remain with us, with me at least...always. I will keep them close to me, to inspire me, so I will keep on striving to create many many more wonderful things, good things, noble things...and achieve greater heights and success...as what she has done for us, Malaysians...

Your demise will be greatly felt, Yasmin Ahmad...

Al-Fatihah...

No comments:


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com