Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Saturday, October 3, 2009

Jules reconnects with kins...

I remember Esfahan's first words as he entered the domain of his Aunty Shareena and Uncle Raja last night : "Waaa, mommy, this is the biggest house I have ever seen!"...!...hee hee... Then Uncle Raja replied modestly, "Alaa, don't la say that...my house is tiny tiny only..."... :)

Well, the boys wasted no time exploring every nook and cranny of the house, which they found irresistably fascinating. And how delighted were they with the torches/jamong that illuminated the perimeter of the house. They only needed 5 minutes to gobble their food, then they were back to "exploring" the place! I enjoyed last night, especially coz I got to "beraya" with dear uncles and aunties whom I've not met for a while; they're my dad's cousins, with whom he grew up in Bukit Mertajam. It was also a pleasure to catch up with cousins, who were busy chasing after their frisky little ones too! And the food was fab, durian cheesecake and all! But the highlight of the night was my dear cousin's birthday surprise. And what a lucky lady she is, coz her darling hubby had his friend serenade "Happy Birthday" on the saxophone... Awwww.. it was so sweet... :) Oh, oh, another highlight was the special giveaway by the host : his very own handmade glass art. So, each couple last night had the privilege of leaving the party with an exclusive Raja Azhar coaster/plate, thank you, thank you...

And, for dear, sweet Nina, a special brownie offering from her Pak Wahab (my dad is known as Wahab among his Penang kins) and Aunty Eran... :)... hope the chocolate added to your magic last night (wink, wink!)




And talking about birthdays, it was also that of my dear old brother, Abang Joe, or Pak Ngah to my goons; he turned 42 yesterday...


I also remember my late uncle, Paksu Karim, whose birthday was also on 2 October, I will remember him with fond memories always...
Arwah Paksu Karim, Aunty Sham, My Mom, Me, Kak Rozy, with my younger cousins Awang Selamat, Gucci and Cahaya (baby)...State College, circa 1982

No comments:


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com