Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Friday, May 6, 2011

How does Mommy love?

Unconditionally, and in my case, with lots of high pitched melodies! Hehe... :)

Every year Mother's Day becomes more meaningful to me, coz every year I learn more about being a mother. The special gift I received this year was a meaningful and funfilled outing to the Butterfly Park with my 4 darlings! Damascus and Marrakesh had been learning about insects at their kindy the past week and they'd been pestering us to go see butterflies and insects. So, we did!

On the Jules front, my special project for Mother's Day 2011 was "Love & Hope", where I collaborated with my darling Esfahan to make origami hearts and cranes. Though I didn't get any orders for "Love & Hope", which was quite disappointing coz I didn't manage to sell my concept, my concern was not really my own feelings, but more of Esfahan's, coz he was so excited about the project, and it really broke my heart having to disappoint him with the truth. I guess this is one sucky aspect of being a mommy, that is educating your children, teaching them about real life. But fortunately, his disappointment didn't last long, coz almost immediatetly he just casually shrugged and said to me, "It's okay mommy, we'll make hearts and cranes for all the mothers in our family, Tok Mama, Tok, Maklong, Makngah, Maklang, Makteh. And we can also give our 'Love & Hope' to my class teacher and the Krista teachers for the coming Teacher's Day!" ....Yayyy! And the sky remains bright and cheery! Oh, thank God for kids! :)


So, this was for TokMama, something she now carries with her all the time coz she can gaze upon all her darling cucu-cucu whenever she is away from home; all the blank spaces are intentional, to make room for more projects with each cucu personally whenever they visit. Tok's is not quite ready yet as we're waiting for more pictures :)




I actually have my own project too, as a gift to myself, something that has been keeping in my cabinet and too long overdue. It is my Star Album. I'd bought the album from Nadhrah some time back and last night after coming home from a long day out, I decided it was time to immortalise my darlings, my brightests stars, in the star album...


As I start work on my star album, here's sharing what my fab sister said : "There is a Mother in each one of us: in the singles, in the childless, in the man - the part of us that nurtures and gives, that feeds and protects, that stands behind those we care about, and that shares the pain and joy of another. Salute the Mother in us, and to the Mother who gave that to us, wherever she may be..."

I hope everyone had a meaningful Mother's Day :)

No comments:


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com