Jules' Quote Picks

Cynthia Kersey has been writing about Unstoppable People for over a decade and found that living an unstoppable life always involves giving. People who give and are involved in a purpose that is greater than themselves are the happiest people and live the richest and most meaningful lives imaginable...

(Thank you Abang Zu for sharing this...)


Friday, September 18, 2009

Jules this Syawal 2009

InsyaAllah in 2 days, Muslims will be celebrating Eid Mubarak...

As I say syukur to the Almighty for blessing me, my family, relatives, friends and patrons with good health and fortune, I also think of those who have been blessed with more "different" circumstances. I wouldn't want to call it unfortunate circumstances, coz I believe that the adjective used to describe a person's state of being is actually rather subjective; while one may think it's "unfortunate", the person in that situation may think it's just another ordinary day and that there's nothing wrong about it at all. I've actually been thinking about this for a while, and so today in my post, I figured that I'll share it with you.

Yes, I get involved with various charity drives, the latest being "Say It With Cupcakes", and I get such fulfillment when I believe that I've helped to make their day better than it was yesterday, their lives better than it was before. But, have I really actually made a change in their lives, or have I merely achieved self satisfaction? Coz, when I bring my goons for funtime at the indoor kids playground and they have the time of their lives jumping and summersaulting in the hi-tech, hi-priced facility, I think about the kids who jump and summersault in the dirt beneath their wooden houses on stilts; the latter have the same amount of fun, sweat and joy too, and they don't have to pay a single sen! Or when my goons enjoy their Happy Meals at you-know-where, while the latter enjoy a filling bowl of rice with salted egg or plain 'kicap', are the latter actually in a worse off situation? At the end of the day, I think it's all in the way we appreciate things. Ya, there are children/people living in shacks not safe from the natural elements, and they could do with some 'upgrades', but for all you know, they're not really sad at all with their circumstances, because they have their family with them, mom, dad, brothers, sisters, 'things' that really matter to them, and the 'force' they need to survive...

After the very hectic past few days/weeks, and after harping on the fact that I'm lucky enough to get at least 4 hours of sleep a day, I think I'm just gonna pace things out now so that by Syawal, I would have really quality and meaningful time for myself and with my family. After all, I am just a mere mortal, I alone can't possibly take care of my family and my home, run a business, and save everyone in the world, all at the same time, without at least sacrificing a bit of my own sanity and the equilibrium of my family. I must respect and not ever take forgranted all that God has given me. Some people out there don't even ever get to sleep, and they think they're lives are good enough, for as long as they're still alive...

This Syawal, I am truly grateful for having my life, and a fairly good life too for that matter... I am grateful for my family, that goes without saying... I am grateful for having such loyal friends, without whom I could not thrive... and I am grateful for my growth in Jules... Alhamdulillah... actually, I am grateful for so many other things, but the long list may just bore you out! Hee hee hee...!

My family and I wish all Muslims a safe and blessed Eid Mubarak, maaf zahir dan batin. And to everyone, have a safe and happy, happy holiday ya... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum sista!

It's funny to read you all the way from the USA. I am now in LA, just got in from CHicago. Not everything is nice here. I miss home terribly. I didn't miss it untill I jumpa this benggali guy, owner of this bag shop kat MAll ni. He is the brother of GS Gill and treated us like we were his daughters offering his vegetarian food when he knew we havent eaten the whole day. I broke down in front of him.

It was in the prior event which made me all teared up and wobbly that evening. I was stopped at the airport and seperated into another room just because I wear a tudung. Sib baik tak kena masuk lokap ker apa. But the americans are generally uneducated, unhelpful. The few we have met yang baik adalah orang2 yang bukan penduduk asal seperti mexican or russian or thge rest. Oooooo got lotsa stories to write, happy tears and sad tears, sometimes you can't really tell which is which. But all in all it was an experience Jules. It makes you appreciate the country where it rains pebbles on you. All that gold just don't glitter here. It just weighs you down.

Selamat Hari Raya!

Jules said...

HI WIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!! selamat hari raya!

o nooooo... i feel so bad that you had to experience all that during your first visit to the USA. well, i was there before the world decided to become enemies with each other, so, i suppose it was a different experience for me. about the american being 'ignorant'... well, as much as i hate labelling people as 'ignorant', i must admit that there's definitely a LOT more that the americans can learn, especially about the rest of the world out there. and yes, i still do definitely love malaysia...why do you think it hurts me so when i see folks in malaysia not respecting our laws/regulations, ie. throwing rubbish everywhere, dirtying our beaches and jungles, driving like maniacs... it really breaks my heart when malaysians are more respectful of foreign laws when they are in those foreign countries, and taking our own country forgranted.

don't let all that you've been thru these past days bring you down sistah... i think you may be a bit more on the emo side coz it's also during syawal...kan? kan? well, most importantly, i'm already very proud of you, and i'm very certain i speak for many others out there... am looking forward to your return, and lots and lots of stories from you... :) take care...


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com